CHESTNUT OR BUAH BERANGAN


 Chestnuts are the large edible fruit of the chestnut tree and are a popular food in
 Europe and China. Chestnuts work well in savory dishes. and have a  mildly sweet taste and can easily be added to a variety of different dishes especially our Chinese Glutinous rice dumpling. In Malay we called it Buah Berangan.
I bought this chestnut from Tesco for the first in my life..hahaha never buy raw chestnut  before one of the customer told me it is good.. So I have a try ..and oh gosh it is nice.. Next time I will roast it instead of boiling.











Wash away the dirt from the chestnut. In a saucepan bring water to a boil and add in chestnut to boil for 20 minutes.Scoop out and set aside to drain away the water. Just use a chopping knife to chop into halves and enjoy.